Monday, January 14, 2008

Introducing the girls...

My cousin mentioned that I should post about the wedding party and I was planning on doing that but I was waiting until B asked all of the guys first. B asked the last guy over Christmas. So I figure I would start with the girls side. Once I scan some pictures maybe I will post them but as of right now - no pictures for you!

So let's start with the only person who asked what his or her job would be - Ann aka MOH aka matron (I hate that word) of honor. I had planned on asking Ann when I was in Ireland two weeks later but she beat me to the punch. Ann is part older sister, part mom, and part friend and all around perfect person. If there was a stand in for mother of the bride, Ann is it. Ann thought she was going to do a reading since she does them in Ireland all the time. She is the best reader in all of Armagh - just ask her.

Next asked was Kim, best friend since first grade and we could embarrass the hell of each other so I won't share any stories of prank phone calls or anything like that. Kim was the one who found the dresses tht the girls will wear. I was seeing Kim a few weeks for a camping trip three weeks after getting engaged - I wanted to ask everyone in person (Ann ruined it though - maybe she is not so perfect after all).

Ellen was the last to be asked because B was putting off asking his family (I was done with a week of being engaged). FYI - Ellen is B's sister and that is why he asked her (I asked all members of my family and he asks his) While out to dinner, there was a lot of talk about the bridal party, so much so that it got awkward for us to keep avoiding that we had asked people but not everyone. So on the way home, B pulled Ellen aside and asked her. I am sure she remembers the spot on Third Avenue that she was bestowed this honor and goes there often to remember the glorious moment.

And that is the female side of the bridal party. Everyone, bridal party. Bridal party, everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK. Just for the record I was 10 freaking years old when I made those prank calls. I had very little exposure to cute teenage boys. It overwhelmed me.

I haven't pranked anyone recently, that has to count for something, right?