Monday, January 14, 2008

Introducing the boys...

For the guys' side, we are doing some things differently as we have four guys (to three girls). Usually I need symmetry in everything but it worked out well this way. (If it was up to me, I would have one on each side but it is not all up to me. I also would have a fishbowl as you walked into the reception. Inside the bowl would be the table numbers and you would draw a number and sit at that table, even if your guest is sitting at another table. No one lets me have any fun.)

First asked was my brother Billy. He was first because I was asking everyone the first time I saw them after the engagement. We were in Ireland and little did we know that in about 30 minutes B and I would be screaming at him about politics (in our defense, a lot of beer was involved and he is wrong). When we were younger Billy was babysitting me and he wanted to watch Friday the 13th - so we did. Friday the 13th was not an appropriate movie for me to watch and I had nightmares for a week. When I woke my mom up because I was scared, she made Billy sleep in my room until the nightmares stopped since it was his fault I was having nightmares to begin with.

Actually, John may have been the first one asked but I don't know if he was even asked. He is B's roommate and co-owner of the condo. We used to watch cooking shows on Sundays but then he got a girlfriend. C'est la vie. Word on the street is that his voice can melt butter.

I do know that Gerard was asked third and he is the best man. He is the B's oldest brother and a NYC sargeant. He thinks I hate him and I plan on keeping it that way. Since i have only known him a few years, I don't have embarrassing stories. I do have a SBA card to get me out of trouble if in NYC so I should be nice.

B then asked his other brother Chris to be the final groomsman (or are they ushers? is there a difference? I don't know). [Also a side note, I am addicted to Jon and Kate Plus Eight even though I think Kate is mean to Jon a lot.] Chris is the second oldest sibling and works at MTV. I don't know how the asking went down. All I know is B and I were arguing about sharing paella, he left to answer a call, and he came back saying "I asked Chris to be in the wedding."

And those are the guys.

No comments: