Saturday, January 19, 2008

Cupcakes - not so kickass

I love cupcakes and have one everytime I go to Brooklyn and B brings them back to Boston when he goes to NY without me. So I was excited that a cupcake place had opened up in Davis Square (near where I live). It is called Kickass Cupcakes and I was expecting a lot - I mean, I was expecting some kickass cupcakes. And the cake part was good but I didn't like the icing. It had a weird taste and the biggest problem that the icing did not cover the whole top of the cupcake (take note Kristin). The best thing about cupcakes is the icing to cake ratio and Kickass has taken that away.

See for yourself below...

Kickass cupcake (from their web site):


Little Cupcake (from their web site):

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. way to put the pressure on. I am officially inviting you guys over for a pre-wedding cupcake tasting. I do not want to disappoint you and apparently you have very high expectations. Who names their shop Kickass Cupcakes anyway? You can't really take a little kid there.