Friday, November 23, 2007

What to do with all the books?

So I have had started some fall cleaning partly to get rid of a lot of crap I have and partly to create room for B's stuff (I hate cleaning and if I tackle a few sqaure feet of space at a time I won't seem overwhelmed). So now I am faced with the question of what to do with all this stuff.

Some of my nephews are about to get cameras that work most of the time (and if they break them by seeing how far they can throw no one will care). But that tactic is not going to work for my books and random knick-knacks. Do I try to sell them via this hing called the Internet, donate, chuck them (I could in good conscience chuck knick knacks but I don't think I could throw books out).

As of right now I have two paper shopping bags worth of books and I have only gone thorugh one room (books can be found in almost every room though this first room does have the most books). I figure there is at least another shopping bag worht of books left to find in the house. I also have started filling a rubbermaid bin with the knick-knacky kind of stuff and may need another one soon.

If you want any books, kitchen utensils, random decorating items, stuffed animals, etc. let me know, I probably have it in a bin or box. Just let me know! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the public library will take donations - they end up having a book sale with donated books - the money gained goes towards the public library system.