Monday, November 19, 2007

The Bright Side

So most of my posts about us moving in together have been my fears and neurosis but I am looking forward to it overall. It is just easier for me to look at the negatives and then prepare for them rather go in blindly thinking it will be all rainbows and roses. So here are some of the good things about merging our lives:

1) I won't be alone. Sometimes it is lonely to go home to an empty apartment and sometimes I don't think I talk to anyone once I leave work until I get back in the office. So that will be nice.

2) It will be easier to cook. Most times I don't cook because it is just me and either I eat too much for dinner because the amount of food I cooked is for a few people or I get sick of eating the same leftovers all week.

3) I won't have to fold the laundry alone. I tend to have a backlog of laundry that needs to be folded so it will be great to have an extra set of hands.

4) Making plans will be easier. Right now there is always a discussion of where should we meet, how we will get there, and nothing seems to be easy. This will get easier.

5) Conversations will be easier. Cell reception in my apartment stinks so us having a conversation will no longer involve one of us repeating "Hello. Can you hear me?"

6) Save on heat. I figure with a body in my bed I won't need to turn the heat on until Christmas at the earliest. (side note - have not turned on the heat but this was a tough weekend. I had to upgrade my sheets to flannel and that has helped a lot. Also, one of B's friends has the same rule about no heat until Thanksgiving. I think I love him.)

7) More music. B has an extensive music collection on his computer which will be mine as well. Music makes my weekend cleaning go by faster though I don't know if my landlady likes me blasting it at 9:00 on a Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Henry would also keep you company plus he has more fur therefore more warmth. Lack of opposable thumbs make him less adept at folding laundry although I am not convinced that B will be more helpful (sorry B)...and! Henry is neutered (not sure if this is good or bad).

Anonymous said...

...can you hear me now?...