Monday, November 19, 2007

What time is dinner?

Another moving in issue that has come to light is dinnertime.

We first realized that we had a difference of dinner expectations when we made our first thanksgiving dinner (I am good at preparing thanksgiving dinner imho). I said dinner would be at around 1:30 and he was expecting it to be around 4:30. My family always had Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner early in the day. And it is nice because you get it done with and then have all day to relax. Plus when you get hungry around 7:00, you have all the leftovers at your disposal. Also, while I would have to get up early, I would still be able to watch the football games on. B wanted to eat later because that is when his family ate - but I was doing all the cooking so I didn't think he really could be choosy. In the end, I think we ended up doing somewhere inbetween.

So this brings us to the new revelation that I like to prepare dinner when I get home around 6:15 but B tends to come home late, do stuff and then he ends up eating at 8:00.
This came about from our anniversary dinner when I wanted to go out at 6:30 and even stayed late at work so when I got home I didn't have to wait long for him to get there. But at 6:15 while I was walking up the Bike Path he called to say he was just leaving work. So that means he will be at my house at 6:45 (the earliest). But he didn't get there until 7:00 (empty handed by the way but then he picked up the check which saved him). So now we don't end up eating until 7:30.

That is way too late for me. And too dependent on outside factors. I like routine. I don't know what the end result will be for this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make the food when you get home. Eat half your dinner. Then when he comes home eat the other half with him while you talk about your day and work on your marital bonding.