Friday, November 16, 2007

Tu y Yo

That is where we went. Tu y Yo in Somerville. It had been a place B had wanted to try (I had already eaten there once). It is authentic Mexican food and a bit different. We opted to try the fried grasshoppers on another night but I did eat cactus for the first time. The texture was not what I was expecting and it reminded me of green beans. I had some chicken dish that was really good and B had Tinga.

However, the best part of the night was coming home to a package next to my door - from Macy's. Since it was the first wedding package we have received I waited for B to come over. When he got there I promptly told him that this was the only time I was waiting for him to open the box. Next time I am tearing in like a 3 year-old on Christmas morning.

So here it is in a pictorial format.
The big box full of peanuts


ooohhhh pretty bow

The engagement cards have gone and now we are putting up wedding cards.


Yes we did open the gift and we have stored the boxes in the china cabinent (Miriam is her name. Long story but yes, my china closet has a name. Though the best part about New England houses is the built in cabinents in the dining rooms. Pure genius.) until next November.

And no, I am not going to post pictures every time I am fortunate enough to receive a gift. But this is the first one and I am excited. Kind of like how you take a ton of pictures of the first kid and by the last one you have none. You know what I mean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that the present Santa sent? Did you enjoy the peanuts?

Anonymous said...

mmmmm, peanuts...