Thursday, November 8, 2007

New realization about making room

So I have been thinking about how I am going to fit B into my apartment and then this morning I received an email which sent me into a bit of a conundrum.


An item on my registry (thanks K & C you rock) was purchased but placed on backorder. (I hope I don't get emails all the time, I like surprises). But then I realized that we will be receiving gifts and we will have to make room for them. The easiest solution is that we just open the boxes and put the gifts away in cabinets, closets, kitchens, etc. However, we are not taking gifts out of the boxes until after the wedding. Just to make sure, we are not using any gifts until the papers are signed. You never know when one of us will flake out. And then returning gifts will be easier since nothing has been used.


But the problems is that we will have boxes waiting to opened. And I don't know where they will go. The guest bedroom (no boxes yet and dying for some visitors if you want to use it) is our go-to-place but who knows what it will look like after the merger.


I guess there are worse problems to have. But still, the apartment can not handle much more clutter and disorganization.

I also have resigned myself to the fact that B is the neater of the two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeek. I better get online and buy your wedding gift!

Proud Papa Challah Baker in the Midwest said...

That is a frightening thought!! B the neater of the two?!