Tuesday, November 27, 2007

First Wedding Nightmare

So I had my first nightmare related to the wedding.

It started out harmless. A bunch of us were going swimming in the ocean the morning of the wedding (a la Little Rhody's Block Island fete). And I ran out of the water and realized that my engagement ring was missing (analysis: I am worried that I will lose my ring since it is getting too big for my ring finger). Luckily I find it. Then all of a sudden I am dressed and the wedding is going to be starting in a little bit. B is out getting pictures with the male attendants and I am hiding from him. I realize that we do not have wedding rings and I call him. He answers the phone in a sarcastic manner and I start telling him that we have no rings and he needs to get some. I suggest he go to a jeweler and just buy two plain bands and we will re-size them later - we just need something for the priest to bless. He says that no jeweler does this and that he thought we forgot about the rings but he didn't think to tell me. It is at this point that I begin to yell at him and find myself actually yelling (more like mumbling but still) and I woke myself up. I went downstairs, went to the bathroom (my mother told me that bad dreams were our minds way of trying wake us up because we had to go to the bathroom) and got a glass of water. I fell back to sleep after about 15 minutes.

I want to go out this weekend and buy rings so I am sure that we have them for the ceremony. But I won't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any dream with water usually means a trip to the bathroom but didn't you think it was strange you were going swimming in November?