Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Color Me

I am not a big pink kind of girl. And on some level I didn't really care about the wedding colors. So how we went about picking them was more about the colors I didn't want - which is actually how I make a lot decisions in life. I am a chronic process of elimination girl.

I am somewhat old fashioned and didn't want my bridal dressed all in black so I was down one color. Next I looked to the season - fall - for inspiration. This eliminated pastels. Then I decided I didn't want blue. So I went to the David's Bridal web site because they have a color pallette on the web site and I started to look at the dresses by color. This helped me see what the actually colors looked like - for the most part. So in searching I realize that I don't like any dress in green. So that is out. Then I stumble upon the reds and while I never would have picked red out as the bridesmaid dress color, the wine/merlot color looks really nice and I think it is a great fall color.

And while we were at the caterers I looked at the tablecloths and liked the brown ones they had out. I decide the wine will go nicely with brown and there you have it - our wedding colors.

Now there is one downside, it turns out that I am not original. Wine and brown are very popular color choices on the November 2008 board on the Knot. Oh well. I already changed the date, I am not changing the colors as well.

Image taken from a web site:

No comments: