Monday, October 8, 2007

April Showers bring May Flowers

While this may be true, it doesn't help me pick flowers for a November wedding. In order to find a florist, I wanted to send them examples of what I wanted in a centerpiece and bouquet. All the advice on flowers say to select flowers in season to save on costs. So I had to figure out what flowers were in season during the fall. So I go to the trusty Internet and read up on flowers that are available during November.

Unfortunately, I am not a flowers person. I don't know what the names mean so I have to google everything: Amaranthus, Amaryllis, Callistephus, Celosia, Crocosmia, Dahlia, Echinops, Gladiolus, Gomphrena, Sunflower, Hypericum, Kniphofia, Physostegia, Saponaria, Scabiosa, Sedum, Solidago, Zinnia. This becomes too tiresome.

I also read that roses and Gerbera daisies are available all the time. So I just Google images of wedding pictures with those two in them because I know I like them. I compile a bunch of ideas like these:















For centerpieces, I liked these:




However, we won't finalize the flowers until next September. So don't hold your breath.




1 comment:

Ann D. said...

Just remember to include the traditional orange blossom to your bouquet.