Friday, February 15, 2008

5 years ago yesterday...

B and I actually met each other. February 14, 2003 is a day that wil live in infamy, not really but I like the dramatic effect.

You would think because we met on Valentine's Day, we would be big into celebrating it. Yeah, not so much. Our first Valentine's Day together B had said that he believes it is a fake holiday created by Hallmark and it is ridiculous that the same flowers or nice dinner is marked up so much just because it is February 14th. Unfortunately for me, I buy into the hype a bit and was saddened. So on our second Valentine's Day together I told him that while he doesn't celebrate it, I do so this year we are celebrating it. And thus our system of celebrating Valentine's Day ever other year was born. Hey - it works for us.

This year is an off year so no celebration for me. We watched Lost. The episode ended in phenomenal fashion so everyone won.

1 comment:

Toffee said...

My dad 2b is a little, okay a lot, upset that he wasn't mentioned for bringing you two together on that "infamous" night. Just sayin' is all. woof.