Friday, December 28, 2007

Renting Bling

Besides wedding bands, there is a discussion of wedding day jewelry. And while I have more than one option of borrowing pearls, I didn't know if pearls will look right with the dress. So after checking out necklaces (and prices) at the jewelry store I began to reconsider the pearls option. And there is always the option of renting jewelry. I had heard of "Bag Borrow or Steal" before and then while evading work came upon this article on CNN.

I would rent a necklace for $150 but the article states, "The most dazzling piece is an 89-stone diamond necklace with three optional pendants worth $95,950. It rents for $2,290 a day." and at that rate, I would just buy something a bit smaller.

If I was a betting woman, I would bet on me wearing pearls as my something borrowed come November.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What length pearl necklace do you want?

Toffee said...

I don't have pearls but I do have several dog collars that you could choose from.

Anonymous said...

Why not a ruby pendent-to go with the color of the bridesmaids dresses and they could wear pearl pendents to go with your dress.