Monday, December 31, 2007

More Bling Talk

Ardent reader Betty T (Aunt Betty to me and also need to say happy belated birthday to her) mentioned me wearing a colored stone (in this case a ruby) and originally I had wanted to do just that (not a ruby but something with color).

I love blue topaz (the lighter colored ones not the rich blues) and had talked to the woman at the jewelry store about it but she kept telling me that it would be too informal and casual for the wedding. In my head I was thinking: a) but I want blue b) it is not THAT formal of an affair (but I also would not describe it as casual either). So we stopped that discussion while I tried on diamond necklaces I would never buy.

So I decided to think about colored stones again and while walking through the South Shore Plaza (this mall has an insane number of jewelry stores in it in my humble opinion). I happened upon a really nice light blue pendant. Of course you can't see prices in the display case and I didn't want any help from a sales lady since I am not going to purchase anything. So I went home and looked it up online and it turns out that the pendant is an aquamarine stone. Aquamarine is the birthstone for March which happens to be when my birthday falls - how convenient.

The ones I am seeing online are much more affordable than the diamond necklaces I tried on and I think I will wear an aquamarine one more often than a formal diamond one. So I am going to search stores and see if I find one I have to have and then I will buy it.

From macys.com - similar to what I saw in the mall:



The one I saw in the store:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a similar antique aquamarine ring if you'd like to borrow it. It's not so blue- more green/blue. xoxo-K