Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hillary the Hand Model

So I mentioned that B got bought his ring and it was very quick and painless. I tried on over 10 rings and purchased nothing. Part of the problem is that my friend Hillary (the Texan republican with a heart a gold*) was given a ring by her beloved as a gift a few years ago and I fell in love. Unfortunately for the rings, each one I treid on or looked at was compared to Hillary's. Since we have time I am now pursuing the option of just getting Hillary's ring made. Alett (friend who got engaged on Halloween, click here for a refresh of her story) is having her engagement ring made (they are using Hugh's grandmother's stones but redoing the ring design to one more suitable to her profession and lifestyle). Also the lady at Romm Diamonds mentioned custom making the ring. And we have some time so I am meeting with the jeweler Alett is using in February and haivng Romm give us a price. I figure it can't hurt to ask and if I have to pay a lot I should get the ring I want. And the ring is the one wedding purchase I will use everyday.

So without further adieu, I introduce to you Hillary's hand and her ring. It is so purty! (and Hillary's hand is looking mighty fine as well).







*She is not really Texan but we call her that and it is a long story. But she does have a heart of gold and after learning she is a Republican I "allegedly" asked her "But do you have a heart?" I have no recollection of this conversation and that is why it has "alleged" status. But I can see myself saying that to her so it probably did happen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Alleged"?! When I deep-fry my turkey this Christmas in the bed of my rusty 1950's pickup that's parked in my front lawn, I'll be thinking of how you burned me and my Texan heart that fateful day...

Anonymous said...

Try Barmakian Brothers in the diamond building - 333 washington, Boston. Excellent selection, am sure I saw a ring like this there. Also in same building Adco, I think has something like this. on on Mudsticker