Sunday, June 15, 2008

Peeko Gocco

Peeko Gocco means nothing to most of you and I am not sure if it means anything to me but hilarity ensued at Cafe Medina with the utterance of the words. But part of the reason we were easily amused may have been for the sugar attack we had at Cupcake Cafe. So let me backtrack.

While in NYC, BM Kim and I met up with POTFR Kevin and Erica. Erica due to her religious background is not allowed to have a part in the ceremony. It is something we like to point out and mock her for - she is one of the chosen people and not of a lost tribe - which means we ridicule her and comment about how she can only enter the church in a bubble and will have to roll down the aisle. I guess you have to be there.

Anyway, the four of us went to Paper Presentation to look for direction card paper and program paper. Across the street from Paper Presentation is Cupcake Cafe (voted Best Cupcakes by The Knot and I have to say, I know do not trust any rating system from the Knot). We all got some cupcakes and they SUCKED. While eating them, we were talking about the wedding and this here blog. We mentioned how Kim is known as BM Kim and Kevin is POTFR Kevin. He didn't understand why. And after talking for a few minutes he admits that he doesn't know what we are talking about with him doing a reading. He said he remembered B and me talking about a reading when he was in Boston but thought if he was going to do a reading, we would formally ask him.

UM I DID AND HE DID NOT REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POTFR Kevin forgot he was the Prayer Of The Faithful Reader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Erica said the look on my face was a mix of shock, amusement and anger. Sounds about right. It also makes me want to doublecheck with everyone we have already asked to make sure they remember being asked and know the part they are to play.

So Kevin was given a piece of paper with the wedding web site, the blog web site, the role he is playing, the wedding date and time and the date of the rehearsal dinner. 50/50 odds he makes and does the reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the cupcakes sucked. Mine won't.