Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Food with friends

So I have mentioned before my friend Alett who got engaged on All Hallow's Eve in Salem. Well I was excited to have someone going through the wedding process at the same time. And she is one of my partners in crime with all this wedding madness.

We have had semi-regular dinner meetings to discuss what decisions we had made, what our respective partners had not done even though they said they would, also then when they finally did it, etc. And it is very official - complete with a printed agenda. We do not mess around.

And don't mess around with us. We started meeting at the Beantown Pub but then a waitress gave Alett major attitude for wanting to move to a different table (it was winter and if you sit in the doorway area it is cold). So then we moved to the Joshua Tree.

Now that Laura is back in the Massachusetts area with some regularity, she joins us. She provides that hard-hitting opinions of someone not entrenched in do's and don'ts or ettiquette or family squabbles. She also provides some hilarity in her own stories of cat dvds and red noses.

We had a meeting last night as Alett is only 1 month and 8 days away from the big day. I provided her with those facts and I think I overwhelmed her. But in the end we all will have a kick ass time in M'head and everyone will stay dry!

2 comments:

Toffee said...

= )

Anonymous said...

Wish I had had those meetings during wedding preparation ;-) it was pretty lonely at times... Sorry I can't make M'head nuptials but will be in NYC. Good Luck Alett :-) on on MS