Thursday, April 10, 2008

Wedding albums

One of the things we have considered doing, mainly because it will save money nd also because I like to do it, is create the wedding albums. Our photographer is giving us the files and I can do what I want with them. I have made a few photobooks using mypublisher.com and have liked the results (though I do want to get better versed in editing and manipulating the photos). But now there are a lot of photobook sites out there and I didn't want to start trying a new one with the wedding photos. But then yesterday, someone on the Weddingbee boards posted this very question and one reader is my new best friend. Her response outlined all of them and her experience with them.

In trying to find the perfect book...
ofoto.com/kodakgallery.com - not bad - usually have coupons floating around - at least you have everything printed on kodak paper. On a scale of 1-5, I give it a 3


shutterfly.com - probably the least favorite of them - majority of my pictures came out blurry, but they keep on sending me coupons for free books where I just pay for shipping (go to theknot.com or thenest.com for these free book coupons) I give this one a 2.5

mypublisher.com - so far, one of my favorites - they have a coupon where if you buy one book, you get the second one for free and the quality is pretty good. So far, I like their hardcover books best from here. I give this one a 4

snapfish.com - I use this all the time to create random picture books of vacations for my friends and me, quality is pretty decent and I like being able to pick from their fun themes. Price is pretty good and you can find some good discounts online. I give this one a 3.5

Qoop.com - this one works with flickr so it was perfect getting an album set from them. Be careful though - their photo albums come in packs so you can't just order one, you may end up with a 4-pack, 3-pack or 2-pack. Quality is pretty good, decent.

I'm still working on wedding photo books from blurb.com and mpix.com so I'll give an update on that when I can. posted by
ladysu

just an update - I really enjoyed working with blurb.com in creating my wedding planning book (from my blog) and then, working with mpix.com which is now my new favorite photo book for our honeymoon photo album. I give blurb.com a 4 and I give mpix.com a 4.25 :) posted by ladysu

No comments: