Monday, April 21, 2008

Pre-Cana Rocks!

I know this is overdue but I was hanging out with my new BFF Haley this weekend. We are best friends 4-EVA. She gave me a high five on it.

I seriously loved pre-cana and I think it is something everyone (even non-Catholics) should do. During the breakfast B ran into Anne and Patrick Whom I have met a few times and then other people he went to BC with - at this point I thought the day would turn into I have BC day but it didn't.
We sat at tables of 4 engaged couples and one married couple. Bonnie and Jim were the married couple (41 years this May) and they are ROCK STARS. I want them to adopt me. And the structure was a married couple gives a talk on a topic, the table discusses it for a few minutes, and then each couple goes off. We first filled out a worksheet individually and then together we discussed our answers. It was great to discuss things in a neutral setting and because we had to, not because we had a fight or something else emotionally charged.
Here is where we sat and our view when we did our couple discussion exercises.




Our topics were:
Expectations
Communication
Adjustments
Values and our Marriage
Financial Partnership
Love and Sexuality within Marriage
Spirituality and Marriage
Planning your Wedding Liturgy
Mass (it was Sunday after all)

No comments: