Tuesday, April 8, 2008

And my mind is not in that bad of a place

In my original post about pre-cana I mentioned that I may be in a "I hate BC and everything about the school and I hope they lose in whatever sport they are playing" mind frame but luckily I am not. At least as of right now. And this is good because then I won't go in with a mentality of I am going to pick the opposite of whatever B says and just annoy the crap out of him (which happens when I am in that "I hate BC and everything about the school and I hope they lose in whatever sport they are playing". Part of the reason (in my humble opinion) is that we did not go to as many hockey and basketball games as in the past and there was no appearance by men's basketball in either the NCAAs or NIT (it is an off year to say the least). Also, the hockey team is headed to Denver for the Frozen Four (I love hockey, especially hockey, by the way and we attended a TON of hockey games when we first dated which I think helped us. I also want my son - not yet born, conceived, or in the works at all - to play hockey at BC because I really like the coach and the program. He doesn't let them curse and when they lost at the championship in 2006, they skated off the ice because they were upset. He then followed them into the tunnel and made them all get back on the ice to watch the other team celebrate, then shake their hands and finally to salute their fans. Classy - unlike some other Boston area coaches or coach rather. I love Jerry York. Especially when he talks because he has a THICK Boston accent when he talks that you don't expect. He also has that well-scrubbed face look that I love.) Anyway I really digressed there.

So the whole point of this post is to say I am not in the negative mindset and in fact I am hoping the BC Eagles win (they have lost in the championship game twice in the past two years).

Here is the goal that got them to the Frozen Four:


Also, here is a penalty shot by the Hobey Baker Hat Trick Finalist Nathan Gerbe. There is no sound but it is a great goal.

2 comments:

Toffee said...

you have a son?

Teresa Shea said...

That's good you're in a good frame of mind about BC. And I'm not even joking a little bit when I say I really enjoyed pre-cana. I think you might like it, no matter what you wear or how open your mind is. Maybe you can post some of the worksheets they have you fill out when you're done! :-)