Friday, April 11, 2008

Songs that are not our first dance songs...

So I have been thinking a lot about first dance songs lately. And I don't know why since we have had ours picked out since we got engaged (if you want to know what it is, you have to show up to the reception around 6ish and you will hear it). But I always liked two songs by Beth Nielsen Chapman (thanks Kath for giving me the name when I couldn't remember)- "All I have" and "I Keep Coming Back to You".

For any Days of Our Lives fans, "All I Have" is Jack and Jennifer's song and a reason why it couldn't be our first dance song. I mean, look at all that has happened to them - I don't want a repeat of that.

Lyrics:
You can say you love me
And I'll believe that's true
Trusting you is easy
'Cause I believe in you
There is nothing I would miss
As long as we're in love like this

CHORUS:
All I have is all I need
And it all comes down to you and me
How far away this world becomes
In the harbor of each others arms

I feel like I've known you forever and ever
Baby that's how close we are
Right here with you is where my life has come together
And where love has filled my heart
You know I'd go anywhere
As long as I have you to care

CHORUS

Ooh-and with the love you bring
I never want for anything
I found what I've been searching for in you

"I Keep Coming Back to You" may be too realistic for a wedding song. But that is what I like about it - no fluff, no fantasy, no "You complete me" crap (I am sure I will post more on my feelings on that subject at a later date". It is like "hey life is hard but at the end of the day, you are who I want to be with".

Lyrics:
Seems like after all we've been through
We would have learned by now
Never to fight for gets the last word
It doesn't matter anyhow
But 'round and 'round we go in circles
Trying to work things through
And sometimes it feels like miles between us
But I keep coming back to you

CHORUS:
And it's rough
And it's tough
And it's harder than anything I've ever tried to do
But I love you so much that in spite of the struggle
I keep coming back to you

Hold me now, just think about this room
That we have shared so long
We've studied that map of cracks on the ceiling
Talking till the break of dawn
There is something strong as history
Telling me this love is true
They say "Follow your heart and you'll be happy"
So I keep coming back to you

CHORUS

No comments: