Friday, September 19, 2008

The British are coming...

Well actually one Brit and her transplant of a husband. I have become used to finding RSVPs in my mailbox when I get home. But yesterday all I had was a returned invite (sorry Jody I guess the USPS doesn't want you to attend). However, our houseguests (hi Sarah! hi Pete!) arrived and in their hands was an RSVP. It was carried on a pillow all the way from England. I think it had its own seat on the plane. If it didn't, well, it should have.

Lucky for them it was an acceptance (they are having the beef). They are staying at our place while we drive to New York. I had to make sure I hid all my unmentionables because I didn't want Pete to try them on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As an avid reader of this blog, I cannot express my utter joy to find ourselves honoured with our own entry on this illustrious work of online literature. Frankly its better than an Emmy :-) - I mean seriously who remembers ANY of those winners with so many categories and it gets a primetime slot!... there is no justice. THANK YOU SO MUCH, it has been wonderful to see you both and we can't wait to THE big day. S & P xx