Tuesday, September 30, 2008

$5 savings plan

While at pre-cana, we had a talk about financials.  And the moderator talked about having to get creative about saving money.  She read an article about how five dollar bills had the least amount in circulation and that you should never spend one.  So she started stocking away every five dollar bill that came into her possession.  In three years, she had saved $12,000.  

Me being the consummate saver that I am, I jumped on yet another way to save money.  So since late April, I have been following this savings plan.  And I also set up a fine system meaning that if I use a $5 when I shouldn't, I owe myself $10.  Though things like buying a $5 charity raffle do not get fined.  

It is my system so I can make the rules.  However, here is an article about this savings method.

To date I have $515.  Not bad.   

No comments: