Friday, July 25, 2008

You're so vain

Yes I am. I went to the eye doctor today and I got contact lenses. I have wanted them for awhile (I had tried them out once before but it didn't turn out well) and decided that now was the time. Basically I wanted to be able to see people on my wedding and not have my glasses on and my glasses on in pictures. So yes - this second attempt has A LOT to do with vanity and I admit it.

In my everyday life I do not wear my glasses that often. I wear them on my commute to work and then take them off unless I have to go to a meeting (I can't see the screen sometimes). I also wear them when I watch TV or drive. BUt often when we go out I don't want to wear my glasses so I don't and then just squint through the night. But I don't need to do that anymore because I am committed to lenses this time around.

So I am sitting here, with contact lenses on and I am afraid to take them out. I can put them in no problem, it is the getting them out that scares me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you must take them out! Just do it. grip between your little thumb and forefinger and take the sucker out. I've been wearing contacts since I was 13. Almost 20 years. and you NEED to take them off your eye every night or else your eye will not get the oxygen it needs and then that will be bad. I know. xoxo-Kristin