Sunday, July 20, 2008

What we learned at the shower

We learned that I will no doubt cry at the shower. I cried when I got there (even though I had a strong suspicion I was going to my shower) and at the end (but that may have been wine induced). The new trend, that happened today is me welling up with tears just thinking about the wedding.

Case in point, today:

Set scene - in the car driving to the Burlington Mall.
Me: I told Ann I am going to wear her pearls at the wedding.
B: That will be your something borrowed then right?
Me: Yes and I may wear Aunt Betty's earrings and that will be my something blue. And the dress is the something new, I just have to work on the something old.
B: What is wrong?
Me: Nothing.
B: You look like you are going to cry? What is wrong?
Me: I start to cry when I think about the wedding lately.
B: Oh man you are going to be a mess.
Me: I know.
End scene.

I mean, if I cry thinking about the wedding and the shower which I highly suspected, I am going to be a mess at the wedding for sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you are going to wear pearls
around your neck, found some
pretty pearl earrings among
grandma's treasures(not hers as they are for pierced ears). would leave you with "blue" missing though.

Teresa Shea said...

Well, at least tears caused by joy are endearing. They're contagious, too. Good thing you warned your guests! :)