Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Junk Mail

My friend at work told me of a web site where you can get free subsciption to magazines. They are not the best magazines but some of them are interesting. (Basically the magazines promise a certain subscription level to advertisers and I bet this web site helps them acheive it, also there is a lot of money to be made in selling subscriber lists to various companies.) And I saw one I was mildly interested in so I signed up for it. But as an experiment I decided to use B's last name. I was curious to see how far the name would travel in the ranks of junk mail.

So I had forgotten about it until one night B met me and some lovely ladies out at the PHP. He cam ein and said that I had gotten mail addressed to "E..... C....". I told him of my plan and we both found it funny that I had gotten a piece of junk mail (apparently I won a cruise) before I even got the magazine.

About a week later I finally did receive the magazine and so far no other pieces of junk mail but I know they are coming. They are slowly planning their attack but what they don't know is that it also gives me time to prepare a defensive strategy. Watch out.

No comments: