Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Don't do this...

I was reading some message boards on weddingbee.com and I came across a question that while I hope is an anomoly, I think may be more common.


"I'm just wondering if anyone is paying for their wedding by taking out any loans? And if so, what lender did you go with or do you have any recommendations for me? Thanks!"


Um what? Do not take out a loan for the wedding, do not put it on credit cards. One day is not worth any amount of debt. Seriously! There was another bride to be that said all her plans were ruined because her fiance did not secure the low rate loan and they couldn't afford the wedding anymore. Live within your means people. And don't spend money on the wedding with the idea that you will make it all back in gifts. If you are feeling financial pressures I bet some guests are too. And that is the gospel of Liz.


I blame the influx of bridal magazines, wedding shows and everything having to be big and over the top. If you can't stay within your budget, then cut back on something. No one is going to miss the candy buffet or the individual menus (we are not doing either so don't expect them). I sometimes don't like how the focus is so much on the planning of the party and not on the planning of the marriage. Maybe because it is easier to plan for the party than the marriage. And the party is fun and marriage, I guess, is not always fun.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No candy buffet? I am going to have to talk to Toffee's mom about this. I am assuming she is still going to want to attend.

Toffee said...

I think that my dad is assuming that he is actually INVITED.