Thursday, August 14, 2008

Some news...

I got a new job. I hadn't planned to look until after the wedding but an opportunity fell into my lap. I am going back to the medical/pharma market research world and working with a former colleague. They know about my honeymoon and stuff and are okay with it. It is in the burbs which means both B and me work out of the city. I don't think we can both work in the suburbs. It annoys me.


Best part of working at this new place even though it is in the burbs? I don't need a car. I can take a shuttle bus from the T (a four minute ride from my current T stop)!!!! My commute will be about the same as it is now from Medford to Cambridge.


In celebration of the good news, B and I are rethining our cable package. We may just get HBO. I have been saying no to the added monthly expense for years now. It wasn't bad because I could just watch Sopranos and Big Love at B's place. Well, Big Love is starting soon and the increase in pay just may warrant a little splurging. Maybe. We will see what other channels B wants to add. I have the final say. That is how I roll.


Sorry for the rambling but I am excited. This is one of the reasons I haven't been posting as much.

4 comments:

Teresa Shea said...

Congratulations! Way to knock out two major life changes in one year. Get it over with! :-) What are the lunch options of the new jobby? That's how I usually make my decision. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I recommend Showtime, I think they have better shows right now than HBO. The Tudors (which is great - every single episode was better than that crapfest The Other Boleyn Girl), Weeds, Dexter, Californication.

HBO does have Big Love though . . .

Anonymous said...

Congrats Liz! pleased for you. On on ms & SP

Unknown said...

Congrats...way to go on all the life decisions being made in second half 2008! You pack them all in real good! Can't wait to catch up with yo bad self.